a) Apple Crumble is easy and fast.. Give it a try : )
Ingredients: 4 Granny Smith Apples, 3 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 cup of plain flour, 4 tablespoon of caster sugar, 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (almonds/pecans/hazelnut- blender pun boleh kalau nak), 60g of butter chopped
1) Peel the apples and chop each of them into eights. Then chop each of the eights into two. (kirenya adalah 16 pieces from each apple in cube shapes)
2) Cook the apples in a saucepan with the 3 tablespoon of sugar and a little bit (around two table spoon)of water. Use medium/ low-medium heat so that the mixture simmers. Let it simmer until the apples are soft (would normally take around 15 minutes). When the apples are soft, place them in a pie dish.
*While that mixture simmers, preheat the oven to about 190 degrees for 10 minutes (it might vary according to the keganasan of your oven- mine would probably require just 170 degrees)
3) Now for the topping, mix the flour, caster sugar and nuts in a bowl. Then, add the butter in three different intervals. Mix them thoroughly
4) Top the apples in the pie dish with the flour mixture. Then, pop it into the oven for 25 minutes or until the topping is golden brown
Jeng Jeng Jeng.. there you have a dessert ready for 6 people. Kalau nak sedap lagi, serve with ice cream vanilla lalala
b) Caramel Apple Pudding is another favourite. It takes considerably more time but it's worth it
Ingredients: 4 pink lady apples, 185g butter, 3/4 cup honey, 1 cup thickened cream, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 cups plain flour, 2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 egg
1) Cut the apples into quarters. Cook half of the apples with 10g of butter (2 teaspoons) until light golden over a medium-high heat. Remove the cooked apples and repeat the step with the remaining apples and another 10g of butter.
2) Now, add 40g of butter, 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup of cream and two table sppons of brown sugar to a pan. Cook until it boils and thickened (be sure to stir occasionally untuk ngelakkan melekat). In the meanwhile, pre heat the oven into 180 degrees
3) When the sauce has already thickened, add the apples into the sauce and stir. make sure that all the apples are coated with the caramel sauce. When it's done, spoon the caramel coated apples into a suitable dish
4) Chop the remaining 125g of butter to be added into the flour, baking powder and two tablespoons of brown sugar mixture in the food processor. Process until it's like a kasar breadcrumbs.
5)Combine egg, 1/2 cup of cream and remaining honey in a different bowl. Beat until it's well mixed. Then add and stir them into the coarse floor mixture. You would get a sticky dough by then.
6) Just spoon the sticky dough over the apple mixture until it's well covered and bake for about 40 minutes.
*or cucuk dengan lidi over the crumble topping and when it comes out clean, dah masaklah tu*
Jeng Jeng Jeng.. siap dah dessert for 6 people gak.. hehe. Feel free to serve with ice cream of you could also dust the topping with icing sugar.
(actually you can do up to step 3 about 4 hours earlier or so then just cover and refrigerate if you think it's too much to do all at once)