If you have read Nick Hornby's High Fidelity or have watched the movie at least, you would see the rationality of listing down things so that when something unexpected happens at the spur of a moment, you have some comfort into looking at them... The comfort of a familiarity that will never leave you.. that this is, indeed the most profoundly grounding things that ever happened to you or the world... Is it true?? Let's test it out, shall we??
The Top Five Embarassing Moments
1) When I stupidiously said to an obnixously arrogant member of the so-called ground breaking Malayisan hip hop group, Rebel Scum that I haven't heard much of them since their last single, Damn Dirty Apes... Just so you know, Damn Dirty Apes is actually a 4 piece Malaysian indie rock group who once produced a single called "Rebel Scum" and they have nothing to do with Rebel Scum, the group.. Talk about coincidence and embarassment...
2) When a friend of mine casually said this about me in front of a guy while i was there too. "Eleh, ana.. kenapa malu-malu pulak sekarang??? kalau belakang cik abang kita ni(who will remain nameless for many, many reasons), you are the screaming number one fan.. nak control ayu ke???".. kenapalah she had to say that in front of the guy with one of the best voice in Malaysia and make me appear like a dumb blonde with brunette hair? The rest is really HISTORY between me and her...
3) When I was "caught" by daddy while I was trying on mummy's lingerie when I was around 6... He laughed and laughed and called up my mum. Mummy scolded me pretty hard. I could still feel me blushing. Why did I tried it on in the first place again??
4) When I was scolded in Primary 6 by Cikgu Yahizan Che Yap who taught us Science. I don't quite remember how it all started but I remember replying to his comment about something that sounded racist. He went ballistic after that and called me a snob and said that I was stuck up because i was in the first class... don't think that you're smart enough... you are nothing.. how dare you reply me??? you think you're that great just because you speak english better than the rest of us here in the classroom?? The insults went on for about 15 minutes and nobody comforted me even after he left. I was shaken, embarassed and decided not to come the day after. His comment? "Tahu pun dia takut.. Ingat bagus".. I still remember his face.
5) When I tripped over a wire in Low Yat Plaza where I once worked in, fell down in front of a myriad of people watching a Samsung showcase and tore my jeans on the knees. Something more miraculous happened then.. Somehow I just had to trip over the wire that was the main cable to the humungous LCD TV which is the central focus of the showcase. Everything just went "plup", the MC stopped talking, the VIP guests who just launched the product was astounded and there was I standing near the unconnected cable.
Looks like The Top Five Series will have to go on because this is so much fun besides the distressing effcets it has on the memory storage of the human brain... till then, chalo.