Friday, October 24, 2008

To Complement The Compliments

There were many nice things human beings have said to each other but I think the sweetest thing someone has said to me is that I remind him of the song "Mad Sexy Cool" sung by Babyface. The problem is that the girl described in the song is just the most angelic person you will meet and that got me thinking, "do people always mean what they say even when they say something good?".

My mum thought me to always think the best and the good of another person but sometimes, I do get a bit cynical and over-evaluative when people say nice things to me. Most of the time, I don't even comprehend how they have reached a particular understanding of myself. Above all, some of the nice things they say tends to overshadow the things I really want them to focus on. Exterior over interior, perception over reality, statement over fact.

But come to think of it, maybe at that time he really meant what he said about the song... angkat bakul sendiri, boleh? hahahaha

No comments: