Monday, March 30, 2009

Choose Love

Is it possible to have the same feelings for all students? To treat them all equally? I have been warned not to fall into the trap many, many times before by my lecturers who have noted this occurence especially among new teachers..

Easily identified as teacher's pets, students in this category is loved by certain teachers for their personality and attitude. For me, I find it very hard not to prefer students who thinks like me or share the same interest with me. I mean, come on, even mums have favourites among their kids. What more, me? The one who can choose between the hundreds here. Though, I tried not to make it too obvious.

Evidently, there are a few students whom I keep on mentioning in my daily conversation with The Mother. The Mother then warned me that I should make sure that no one else feels that I have this preference.

My students, I love you all although I do love some of you a teeny weeny bit more... Maybe it's your difference or your similarities with me but it's you being you that makes this bond special. There is no need to change yourself or be something else, your natural self is comfort to all of us.

(what's with the freaking philosophical ending? Myssteryyyyyy guy, you should know I'm actually typing this real late at night.. hahaha)

3 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

Guilty as charged...
There are certainly some students that are a joy to teach & others who just annoy the dragon out of you.

But I do not make it obvious & I keep in mind that I have to be fair to all of them.
PR is so complicated...

mYeQa said...

The Mother? haha.

i fall in love with the devil. hw's dat? haha. i'm doomed!

Suhail Samsudin said...

uh-uh,
scary teacher,
scaaary.