Friday, May 09, 2008

Realisation

It has finally come to an end, my undergraduate years that is. 5 1/2 years seemed like just a momentary dream, you wake up and it's over. To mark the occasion, I went out with Nina and Aimi (Durra, wished you were there too) to The Curve to have lunch at Marche and followed by watching Ironman together(super cool movie). After that, we had coffee again at The Apartments (nice macchiato.. hehe). It was great to finally just sit down and talk with these friends, although good coffee does not seem count as reward nowadays. Maybe I should think of reducing the amount of coffee I consume daily..

Anyway, the most prominent issue that we talk about is (surprise.. surprise) Marriage! You see, after graduating, we're all finally going to be independent beings wit our own incomes and taxes to pay. Thus, we can't avoid to think about planning the future. I have set some plans and getting married doesn't seem to be in the cards anytime soon. Yet, I do find myself being a tad envious of my friends who have found their partners and achieved that maturity to advance into marital stage. I reflected on myself and realised that I do not have that sense of responsibility to build a family yet. I still think about myself and my mother too much to commit now, rasanya boyfriend pun mungkin bosan mendengar my cerita about my mother.

Thinking about the future makes me shiver sometimes... I fear the possibility of making the wrong choice and regretting it for the rest of my life. I guess I still need to know people and understand the world a lot more better. Though, to my friends who have been recently married or made such plans in the near future, I congratulate you upon your courage and responsibility. I know that you have thought about it and that surely means you are ready to face the challenges :)

But I accept The Mother's challenge to buka permohonan kat blog ni. Kepada sesiapa yang berminat, bolehlah masuk boranglah sekarang... hahaha

No comments: